Sunday, December 10, 2006

Snowmen and Christmas Trees

AS I wait for the two pans to cook in the oven I am listening to 103.3 to hear the festive music while I bake this beautiful sunny Sunday morn. I am not fond of the music right now, it is all Elvis all morning. I am not and never was an Elvis fan. I really dislike his sound. I think the only song I like is the one from Disneys Lilo and Stick soundtrack. Micahel bought that for me 5 years ago and I think it was for maybe 2 songs that I really liked. I know I may catch some heat on saying Elvis is not that great but I just feel that way is all. I can not help it. You would think at this point I would turn it off or turn to a CD of other music but it is on and I am baking. I have the cutest pans for muffin tops and they are like the title of this post Snowmen and Trees. I will be sending 3 dozen with Stephen today to his friends house for a tag football game before his hockey practice. I am sure 12, 13 year old boys will eat those up as fast as a spiral goes across the lawn. I don't remember what I did before we had the computer at the counter desk when I used to bake. After I clean the mess and wait for the baking to happen I jump on the comp and type away. I bet I would read a fast article in a magazine but I have kept that to before bed. I keep them in the nightstand drawer and feel I sleep more sound after having read for a bit. It seems like the Elvis tunes are over (thank goodness) and I am off to take a look at the yummy batch of double chocolate muffin top snowmen. Enjoy you Sunday and take in the sun while it lasts Lots of Vitamin D for everyone.......

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I, too, made muffins - pumpkin with chocolate chips. YUM! Just regular shaped ones.. but the Christmas tree shaped ones sound FUN! I'll have to look for some.

Drew said...

Nice.
The kids all made Ginger Bread Houses today. I help with the eating ;-)
We had the Sirius radio on while we were decorating the tree...nothin' but Christmas on ch.2. I like Elvis every once in a while...but definitely not all the time. When I go to sleep at night, I turn on my clock radio and listen to sports talk. I hit the sleep timer for 20 minutes and turn it just soft enough so it won't disturb nancy.

Anonymous said...

See we all need something to put us to sleep as we get up there in age. When I was 33 this never happen. Now at 35 I need to read to get the eyes heavy. How weird. HUH!
Stephie