Thursday, December 14, 2006

The face of an angel......

I tried to post this yesterday but Blog lost it and I was in a hurry to go to hockey practice after having been out ALL day and needed Michael to get take out because our day was so hectic. I was angry about them loosing it because it was such a special story. here goes Again...Hope Blog does not X this one....

Yesterday while working the busy crowd a face of an angelic person approached me. I kid you not. She has this "Touched By and Angel" glow to her. Almost likeshe had this peace about her. Her head was covered by this beautiful white angora hat and made her face look even more preety than it was. Smiling and offering her my help we went around the store and got some cute things for her daughters 5 and 7. She told me my help ment so much to her and I as always make it known how much I love doing what I do and do not mind at all. As we were gliding about the store (at this point I got to focus on her for a bit b/c at noon it always seems to die down b/c of luch time) I had in my head boy is it warm out today she must be so hot with that hat on in here b/c the mall and our store always seems to be so very hot to the point I want to run outside and get some air, a dry stale heat. Once we got to the register it hit me and I noticed close up she had lost her lashes and eyebrows and hair. I had to pull back the tears, in that split second I pictured the 2 girls and a loving husband having to go through this as well as her going through suck an aweful illness. When I greeted her before our time in the store I said hello hope your day is going well are you lookin for anything inparticular. She did say this is a good day and I said I am glad to hear that with my big Stephie smile. It did not register to me till that moment what she meant by a good day today. One of the many I hope she will have while fighting to see her girls grow up and become women someday. I have always had the fear ever since I was 10 and first had to deal with cancer at home with my beloved Papa Steve,when he lost his hair, even though there was not a hugh bunch despite he was 62. His battel was a long one and it was really like I lost a father b/c he was the only father I ever knew.I don't know why to me I do not think I would have the strenght to have the out ward appearence of me change. I know I would be greatful to be alive despite my hair loss but still fear like the 10 year old from 25 years ago that I would have no hair. I continued to have a wonderful time with this guest and loved the peace and calmness she alouded (sp) for our short time together. I still see her pure angelic complection with green as grass eyes and the smile of heaven shining through to my inner most spirtial being. She really made a mark on my heart. I went out back after for a bit to clear my eyes because after she left I filled up with emotion and needed to pull it together. I hope that she herself is being guarded by the love of God and the angels and can glow to others the glow I got to see.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - good story Steph.

Makes you think about how truly thankful we need to be for the blessings we receive every day.

Dawn said...

Good story... makes us really think and appreciate what we have each day...

Anonymous said...

I hope your angel knew how much she touched you. I really think that God blessed you with the generous gift of empathy and thankfulness. You are able to see the good in people situations.. I'm sure your smiling face was a comfort to her.

Anonymous said...

that was me! Karen

Drew said...

Hey Steph...you were meant to meet her. I don't believe in coincidences. Now...she and her family are in my prayers. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

All of you that commented...SO true....I am so touched to have met her....

Paige said...

Wow. I'm sitting here in tears now Steph. What a beautiful experience for both of you. She and her family are in my prayers. You are blessed to have met eachother.

Anonymous said...

oh my.. that made me cry! and someone on the tv as i was reading that was singing a song about angels and so on... i have goosebumps! anyways, now that im sitting here cryin my eyes out. I love our job becuase we really get to know a lot of our guests so many have made marks on my heart there really arent words to explain it. now that i finally remembered to read this... that was an awsome story!!

ps "Hi its me mumbles!" "heheh loook at my happy feet!!" heees baaaack!!!

Anonymous said...

I heard.....Dana was in a frenzie with toilet water and only a half of box left...Poor Dana...Poor Mumbles....Stephie