Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Danvers Explosion

Today the Town of Danvers will be having a Christmas Party for the people who were affected by the explosion the day before Thanksgining. There are @ 90 children who are displaced at this time as well as their families. It is hard to deal with that at any time but it is the Christmas Season. I am proud to say that Build A Bear will be donating bears and goodies from the great thinking of our generous and loving Dana (Cheif Bear in charge). It was so nice that Bearquarters approved of it also. I am heading to help set the bears up. I am so happy to make magic and be able to put some bear huggin' and lovin' in the arms of those children. I ask of you one thing, stop take a moment to look around and give thanks for the loved ones that surround you. Who is the reason for the season? You know that answer. No store bought gift can replace the gift of eturnal life and love that was sent to us 2006 years ago in a manger under the brigest star that ever shown...........

It went well today ....BL (Bear Leader, Dave), myself and Pam, a wonderful young gal who has lots of spunk and creativity were honored to help out today. I can not imagine what these people are going through. The ones who ran the event were so up beat and loving to their fellow neighbors. You can see just how close the people from Danversport are. It was nice to see support like that and give smiles to all. So glad I got my warm fuzzy holiday feelings ..........

2 comments:

Dawn said...

That sounds so special. I am glad you were able to contribute... and yes, you are right about the best give ever. Have a good day.

Drew said...

Great post, Stephie. Good reminder. Thanks!