Saturday, November 01, 2008

November is Diabtetes Awareness Month


Just keep in mind how awful of a disease this is. When I was little and hear Nana T say diabetic or he has the "diabetes" never taught it was a "bad" thing. Just taught Papa Steve had to "watch" how many deserts he ate. Lets make him the sugar free pudding she would say, or get the sweet and low for Papa. Yeah we know know that pink pack can do more harm than good. ick sweet and low....nasty. As I got older and saw my mother get the disease (who mind you took it way to lightly and brushed it off as nothing) I could see just how severe it could get and the other health effects that came with it if not properly treated. I learnt my lesson the hard and sad way and refuse to get this b/c of genetics or lifestyle. I am proactive in the fight against it and vowed back in April to take good care of my health. The road is still long and I accept that, the measure I took to make my chances drop were hard but really good that there is something out there to drop the % of getting this disease. I have the need to put this out there that Nov. is diabetes awareness month and to "fight" for all those who struggle everyday to keep the levels even and LIVE with the disease. They don't have it easy by any means. Keep them in your hearts and prayers.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I didn't realize November was Diabetes month... but I agree it's an awful disease. I'm glad you have taken steps to avoid this... I really need to watch myself as I am insulin resistant and they say that is a precursor to diabetes.