Saturday, November 15, 2008

Jesus is the reason for the season....Don;t loose site of that...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Both.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
An Artificial that can pass for real....the mess of the real lingers for months later.....u know us...lol

3. When do you put up the tree?
either the weekend after Thanksgiving or the next.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Ilike to take it down early but M keeps it up till New Years Day or a few after that. At that point I am like.....clean it up...back to reg.

5. Do you like eggnog?
eh....I could take it or leave it and this year it will be left...

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A bike

7. Hardest person to buy for?
now the kids since it is no longer a Toy thing...I guess

8. Easiest person to buy for?
M b/c he is so easy and appreciates anything

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
3 of them. One really awesome one I got as a gift from M 5 years ago and I love it, one white lil porclin, one that we got together our first year as husband and wife, and a lil set that I had when the kids were small to play with.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. Love giving and receiving them. Though I like to send a Happy New Year one to surprise people after all the others were sent...; )

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
This ugly coat from my aunt when I was 10...hated the coat. lol

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Santa Clause

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
October, our Christmas Club accnt matures and then we get the cash that M saves all year. He has been since 1990. He is such a savy smart money man...he should teach classes....lol

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
ha ha Yes! it was from a student when I worked at the school. Did not match my kitchen but it did my mothers...so I put a Stop & Shop gc with it..lol and I never turned it over...OPPSSSSSIIIEEE It was writen with Sharpie marker...to the best teachers helper ever, I love you Mrs. R lol lol lol Well to my surprise ....Hey she got a gift now didn't she...lol

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
MILs pumpkin roll up.....oh so delish.

16. Lights on the tree?
Yes, white ones.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
SO MANY

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
MIL AND FIL EVE and Mass at the awesome Immaculet in Revere...such a classic Mass and Our house Christmas Day. I love doing Christmas Day.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Sure can.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel

21. Presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
The 4 of us on morn and the rest of the fam Eve

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
That people loose site of the TRUE GIFT of Christmas. Jesus is the Reason for the Season.....

23. Favorite Ornament theme or color?
I love the ones we have collected since our first Christmas 17 years ago and my new Willow Tree Angels he gets me and others too.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Mils homemade Ravioli that I will not be eating this year. But my meatballs are A+ so I will be having one and yum yum that will be.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
To be 100 lbs down.....IT COULD HAPPEN ....I AM 81 lbs down as of now from 4/29/08 SO FOLKS>>>>WE WILL SEE....BUT it is only a number.....I am not stressin on the number but the health of my being...That is the important part....right!

Merry Christmas friends! Hope your Christmas is one with blessings and love.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Stephanie, that was a fun one! I had not seen it before. You are doing so great with the weight, I'm so proud of you and happy for you. I totally agree with people taking Jesus out of Christmas. It particular bothers me to see "Xmas" because that's literally taking Christ of of Christmas and if it wasn't for Christ, there would be no Christmas. I enjoyed reading about your Christmas traditions.

Stephie Says..... said...

I can so agree....

Michelle said...

I'm stealing this! I love your music it's making me want the holidays to come.
Wahoo 81 pounds!!! Go Stephie!!!!

Stephie Says..... said...

Sure steal away lol I steal from ur myspace survys...lol thanks..
I really think I am not gonna obses. about the # of lbs for Christmas Day it is so aobut how I feel and my health. I went over the subject with the H & W and they were like u r doin so well please dont make it about #'s. SO I WON'T! lol but when I hit 100 down I WILL POST! lol