Monday, June 23, 2008

One Happy Face.....



I know it is blurry but I am not the best picture taker. Today Ryan is off to CLP in Salem, NH. It is a 6th grade traditon to go there the last day of school. I will no longer have a child in the Middleton School system. Now off to Masconomet Regional. Sounds so definate and done. I swear what I would give to have a Fuller Meadow School student again. LOL Really. That is the other school that my boys went to from pre-3rd. Then it is off to the scary Howe Manning...scary meaning the "older" school, 4-6th. I now have a highschooler and a jr. highschooler. Where has the time gone? Why does it fly by so fast? It is a good thing they are growing up to be really good teens but on the other hand a stopwatch that can hold time would be nice. I am so glad I work at BABW to be with kids of all ages. I get that nostalgic feeling when I see a young boy come in. It makes me remember the magic of the boys when they were that small. I love the friendship they have being a perfect 2.5 years to the day apart. I look at old photos and laugh to see a 4 and 6.5 year old standing on Main St. USA in Disney. Then look at all the other photos of the trips we have been fortunate to take there (thanks Michael for feeding into my Disney obsession, luv ya babe'and continuing to do so...lol) and see how every year they grow just a bit more. When you take the one of when S was 3 and Ry was 6 mnts and look at the latest one it just seems like the time was done in a flash. Like I said before "don't blink". Cherish ALL the stages and ages b/c it is really a blessing to be able to have them.Being a parent is one of the best gifts we can ever have.

4 comments:

Stephie Says..... said...

I wish I had a scaner to scan ALL the photos we have taken over the Disney trips...Maybe some day our sons will buy us one...LOL When they get big and gets jobs wirering and building houses...lol

Paige said...

Amen to that Stephie! In the fall,Gabbie will start high school and Quinn will start middle school. It's so hard for me to wrap my head around it. It seems like just yesterday they were newborns. And when I think back and recall how sick Quinn was as a baby and how after him I was told by the dr I couldn't have more? It's so strange to know know he's 11 now and there are 3 more behind him.
I wish Stephen & Ryan the best in school this coming year! BTW, Ryan is very cute blurry or not :-)

Paige said...

Lucky you to have had the Diseny trips; I haven't made that journey with my kids yet. I just saw it for my first time 3yrs ago when I went to FL for a school reunion. I hope to take G & Q there this year for my bday and when K is a preschooler take the three younger ones (if I can wait that long!!LOL)
Let me know when your boys are ready to build and wire, they can build me a house with a gourmet kitchen because Gabbie wants to be a chef :-)

Stephie Says..... said...

Thank you Paige....
Yes you NEED to go there b/c it is magical.
That is awesome that you defied the docs words. True miracles.....