Sunday, June 15, 2008

Always the younest one or really don't know music...you decide....lol

At the hockey tourny yesterday and talking with a group of moms and dads. Two of the dads are going to a concert tonight to see "RUSH". OK .....Stephie says..."who's Rush?".........laughs and faces look at me think I am just pulling legs. NO REALLY WHO'S Rush? SO one of the moms who always replyies with "you're just a youngin" ;p said I think you may be much younger than we are so maybe that is why you don't know them. I am not THAT much younger than the mid 40's hitting fifties croud...Well ok I am ....lol I admit it. SO one of the dads I always joke with who also is not that much older than I am says did you have your 30th yet..LOL AHHHHA HAAAAA
I said I did 7 years ago. Then one dad who is goin to the concert says..."Oh the first RUSH concert I went to was when you were 3!" Now see what 3 year old knows bands? RIGHT? We are in the car and I say to Stephen, "do u know Rush?" THE BAND....Yeah mah....they are playing tom night my MCAS Math teacher talks abou thtem all the time...Tom Sawyer, yyx or z or something.....he lists some other songs I have no clue. He says tonight I will u tube them for u I bet u will then say oh yeah them. NO it did not go that way...I still said AHHHH NO CLUE> I did however say when we were in the croud of parents I loved New Edition and all their songs from way back when .....The oldest dad looked at me like I just got off a spaceship from Pluto.....LOL I guess I am the YOUNGEST in the crownd and I really don't know music...LOL LOL Well I never said music was my claim to fame....or spelling for that matter...LOL LOL LOL It was a STEPHIE moment...lol

6 comments:

Paige said...

I've had moments like that too Stephie the only thing that changed it for me a little (and I do mean a little) was my hubby being a dj. There are still lots of new artist that he and the kids take for granted yet I've never heard of them or their music. BTW "Candy Girl" from New Editions video was my friend in 9th grade :-) and a few years later Bobby Brown came into a store I was working in and flirted with me; so silly. LOL

Stephie Says..... said...

That is so cool Paige. Too funny. I STILL listen to them on a cd the kids got me for Christmas. LOL They were like this is so weird when they heard the greatest hits cd. I call it an album...they are like HUH? I think that is a riot that you were friends with her. I so wanted to be her back them...lol ; )

Dawn said...

Rush is Ed's most favorite band ever. He has been to every Rush concert in the Boston area since high school... EXCEPT this one! Poor guy but it was too close to my due date so I couldn't let him go...

Drew said...

With Rush...well let's just say you didn't miss much! lol

Stephie Says..... said...

I did u tube them and rock is not my thing so not a big miss for me..lol
Dawn I agree too close for the due date. He would of been there though if it wern't for the baby?

Dawn said...

Yes, he would have been there - I think they will be in Manchester, NH in July and he can go to that one.