Saturday, June 07, 2008

Have you heard of the "star" fruit?



Just got one yesterday. Intersesting.....the price was high....$1.69 for one piece of fruit but I read up on the benefits and they seem great. Wanted to try it because some people said it tasted like lemons, yum I love those some said plums...not to found of those. So I decided that it tasted like maybe a sour green apple or a light brown pear. At one point when I pealed the piece of it it tasted like a green grape. While I peeled it gingerly since it is a really odd shape I had M google if you can infact eat the skin. The answer is yes. With pairing knife in hand I sliced the pretty stars called to Ry to see and we dug in. It does not serve a lot of people. Good thing Stephen was at his friends pool because it would not have done much for him having "a slice" lol.....BIG BOY appitite...lol We liked the "pretty" star. The benefits were great with tons of antioxidence.....I think with the price of them I will stick to a bag of red/green grapes when on sale. I just can't see paying $1.69 for once piece of fruit. I know I spend the cash on articokes but it takes a while to eat that after it has been steamed. As well as the really pricey asparagus we had that in a fratata without cheese. It was a very yummy dinner for a warm "summer" night. It was 62 last night and it is close to 90 right now. Go figure how NE weather can turn on a dime........Happy, Healthy Eats......

0 comments: