Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What a day......is it gonna stay?

My was it a day today...It reminded me of the summer when I got out of work at 2:30. Going to p/u the boys at school then off to practice I drove with the windows down despite all the rolled up ones I saw. I am sure they had the a/c cranked. We did not.....plus after practice there was no way I could keep the windows up with a 14 year old who just got off the ice...P U ! lol SO we got home to see our new 16X14 (seamless/no nail showing/NEVER stain/no maintance top O' the line material, it is a rich mohogany floor/stairs with white risers with really pretty white posts and rails with the most beautiful caps and bases on the rails I have ever seen) deck almost all done that we could use it tonight for dinner. We have the folding chairs and table out there until we get a set. It was so nice to be outside eating. Then we went back into the house and the a/c kicked in despite us putting it on..We have it on auto and the temp set so it got way warmer than the temp. SO I closed the windows so we can cool off fthe house for sleeping tonight. It won;t stay on long due to Mr. Frugal himself...lol Hey he can't be THAT frugal with the cash he is dishing out for this deck..our basement and this deck were about the same price....yikes a full basement remodel and a deck costing close to eachother...nuts.........lol so for sure now I will win the Drew challenge for NOT turning on the heat....LOL LOL I hope you all enjoyed your "summer" day....I know I did at the point when I got to go outside. Now off to bake a wedding cake. Pam from work and I are baking a 4 teir wedding cake that has 8 cakes they have chocolate cream inbetween with yummy buttercream icing BUT the bride wants us to do FONDANT and it is not easy to work with ...but with Pams creativity and my baking skills we will get this baby doen...I WILL post the cake on Sunday to show our handy work. Also we are making fliers to hand out with the picture nad telling how we make b-day/anniversary ect cakes.....Hey this could be the start of something YUMMY,.....I do NEED to do it with her and not alone...>She is great when it comes to creativity.....Maybe being an ART major helped her with that....LOL Blessings and sweet dreams all........

3 comments:

Karen said...

Deck sounds awesome!!! You need to post pictures of both the deck and teh wedding cake! What a task to undertake.. I can do a sheet cake :)

Dawn said...

Yes, you totally have to post pictures of the deck and the cake!! It sounds like a big job but I'm sure you guys can get 'er done! The weather has been fabulous, at this rate, I think my oil man will owe me a refund!

Anonymous said...

We were at it all day long.....then she and I had to go to work and close the store. We are both so tired. Tom. we'll transport it and then put the sections on eachother. I took pics during the process I will post all on Sunday morn after the wedding. I hope they love it. To me it looks really good. I tought I was a perfectionist...My oh my Pam is over the top....lol She is so picky it has to look better than perfect. She so knows sh eis this way......lol pics soon...