Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Paper work up to my eyeballs......



The first picture is the view that we get from our on the hill hotel in Lake Placid New York. The cecond is the Olympic Rink at the bottom of the hill that the boys get to play in whne they go to the Can/Am tourny in November. This will be Stephens 3rd year playing Can/Am.......It is a wonderful trip and experience to play on THE Olympic Ice that won Gold for the USA team in 80????I SHOULD KNOW THE YEAR>>>>Been to the museam 3 times. lol It is a very expensive trip but well worth it. I do get two nights of my room comped b/c of the PAPER WORK UP TO MY EYEBALLS.....Yes I have for the last eight years been "team manager" ....The job bites big time but if it is a Can/Am year liek I said free room for the two nights. Every year I have had to manage some of the best guys who are the head coaches....This year it is a bit of a struggle. He is an ex=pro ball player for the Soxs and I forget what other team. His twin sons have been on my sons teams before but he was never head guy...He owns a baseball team in Austrila and has so many other comitments that it makes my like a bit harder to manager this year. I can't even get itnot the little things at this point. Funny b/c in the past and maybe now a little so many people kiss his butt b/c of who he WAS! I have never and never will treat him as any better or worse than any other person b/c of the fact that he once played pro ball.....Whats that about anyway. SO JT has this be in control attitude but on the other hand says you do this this and this and it is everything that a mgr does not have to do...Yesterdays e-mail was one of oh well what can you do....I responded to it like that...AND HE sends out a team e-mail asking others if they know how to do this particular thing b/c Stephanie doesn' t know....A teach my how and I MAY have done it for you and B DO IT YOURSELF, every other headcoach who works full time and donates their time has done this stupid task AND I may not be MISS COMPUTER but the other parents agree that I am organized and keep things in order and all of them say I WOULD NEVER want the job.....Yes that volenteer job that yes I am getting the free nights but lots goes on the ENTIRE year.......It is nice tha tat the end of the year I do get a Bed Bath and Beyond type gift card to spend on something for baking...lol B/c I am the ONLY team mgr in Masco that gives homemade fudge and cookies to the team and parents....Last week on of the Asst. coaches said he is gonna take up a collection for my supplies for baking so it doen't come out of my pocket all the time..I was very greatful for that and said in a jk way that I don't make as much as you do Ralph...lol He is a big time commercial builder with money coming out of his butthole and has a wife that can not go a day without some kind of pampering spa treatment. Two years ago she brough 3 differnt fur coats to LP...>Yeah fur not in and 3 differnt coats....funny b./c it was seasonably warm that year...LOL LOL LMAO........Normie knows who I mean Laurienes sister.......So as I head out for my day I STILL have and still will have chasing and paper work to do for this team. I did say yes b/c I can never say no, but last week I did learn to say no to two things b/c I was just pulled to the max and was about to snap.....have a great day all.....sorry to vent but this place is like theropy without the cost...LOL LOL Like I would have time to go to theropy ANYWAY!>>>>>lol

4 comments:

Stephie Says..... said...

looking at the picture...it is taken from the bottom of the hill and that is the hotel in the backround.....the hill is a 90* angle up and so hard to walk espcly. when carrying a hockey bag....That is the pre-game workout...Down is great up bites...

Dawn said...

That is a great picture! It must be beautiful there. Glad you don't put up with him! Some people are just like that... who can figure them out. I'm glad you were able to turn down a couple things, I tend to sign up/volunteer for too many things. Managing the team sounds like a lot of work but I'm sure your boys appreciate it.

Karen said...

I'm so mad at this guy.. how dare he say Stephanie doesn't know how to do it.. They are lucky to have you and it seems like everyone but him knows it. I'm sure you do a fantastic job and I think its great that you donate that much time.. Don't take any crap from him.. He sounds like his head is too big to fit through the door. Keep on making that fudge and keep happy! Great pics.. your boys are lucky to play in that rink.. I'd just love to skate on it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks K.......
One family LOST the paperwork and I had to go all over town to get them new ones UGH.....the rest were pretty good and on time..Too bad some who r far from me I asked to deliver them to me...Hey w/ gas prices like they are....too bad...lol
SO the papers r in maybe a weekend without mgr duty....I can hope...lol