Friday, September 21, 2007

Parents Night

Last night Michael and I had to go to Stephens school for a "meet and greet" night for the freshman teachers. After a long day at the workshop, trying to get dinner ready, my class then this,,,,,I still can't stop going on and on about how much I love this place. It was worth the trip...It may not be the 13 mil $ Masco building that he would of been in but like Michael and I were saying on the short, very short ride home last night, it is what is inside the building that counts not the high tech building itself. Not that Masco doesn't have its plusses ...There is something about the small class sizes and dedication these people have for the students..Not one person there works b/c they have to. They make it seem like they are so happy to be there and have a desire to love what they do. I love his History teacher and I don't even LIKE History. lol .Science was a little on the boaring side for me..lol He needed to kick it up a notch.lol...His Honors English teacher is well liked by the students but the funny thing is she reminds me of an Ogar of a teacher that was at my HS, Miss Goldberg. I was taken back at how the simialarities of the two were. As she spoke I saw why the kids like her so much. Nothing like meany Goldberg...lol I did not even have this "honors" teacher but just to pass her in the halls....Anita just gave you the creeps.....Right Normie.....lol well then again you got on her good side with your brains....lol So as we moved about in a fashion of complete lostness..not too bad..lol We mirrored his day with 8 min classes. Like other schools this place by no means makess the student run from one end of the building to the next. We walked from room to room with in the corridore that the classes were. Only at one time during the night did we have an upstairs class........So I can tell why Stephen is happy when I get him at the end of the day. I can also tell why some upper classmans parents had only wonderful things to say about the place. I am proud to say my son is a student at the North Shore Voc. Tech. H.S..........
Now next week we get to attend Ryans OH....Yeah we get to see my favorite :P principal Mrs. Fitzy.......ohhhh help me now....lol She is a trip, and not one you long to take if you catch my drift.......

2 comments:

Karen said...

Bill and I just did the 8 minute curriculum night last week for Billy and I am so with you.. these kids are so lucky. If only I attended a school like this one instead of the "be quiet and memorize" school that I attended.. I loved how his science teacher says she encourages kids to be wrong, because at least it gets them to think.. Sounds like Stephen has a great school..

Dawn said...

Sounds like a great night Stephie, hope you have a great night at the next open house too!