Friday, September 07, 2007

To make this worse....

Poor Stephen who is masivly allergic to poison ivy has it ALL OVER HIS FEET....Yes I said feet....Well! I don;t know how he skated at hockey practice 3 days in a row. He said it feels better when they are in the skates b/c it tightens it up....? I don;t know...He can bearly walk and we got a script from my borther in law for 2.5% Hydro cream. I hope it gets better b/c it looks like it hurts so bad........I wish I could take the pain from him. You know when your kids hurt I think it hurts you more that they have to be in pain.......I hope this kid who is a trooper and so good about it gets better fast......

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh no - that sounds painful! I hope the cream helps him feel better! Is he able to sleep OK?

Karen said...

Ooh.. poor kid. That sounds painful! he sounds like a trooper to be skating! My hubby is desperately allergic too.. so we symphathize :(

Drew said...

What a bummer! Once my brother Joe had it so bad he had these giant blisters on his arms. Ice helps I think. I'll be praying for him!

Anonymous said...

Thanks.....we need it....It is so bad I am sick over it. I had to help put his sorts on him today, he said he feels like he is in preschool again. I felt so bad for the kid...he said he is so glad he is not at all disabled b/c he feels it would not be good for others to have to take care of you...At that I told him to be thankful of how blessed we are...I am thankful to have healthy happy kids. In our little newspaper it showed a story of JACK...remember the oh so cute boy I posted about...WELL he (I am tingling) got a CLEAN bill of health. The tumor is GONE and his immune system is doing awesome and has the blodd count of any healthy kid his age...He even preformed an ELVIS act at a local Middleton Idol contest...AND WON! he is a ham.......Thank God for his recovery........XOXOXO

melissa said...

Good thoughts and prayers for stephen!

Drew said...

How's he feeling after the weekend?

Anonymous said...

He still has the problem but thakfully it has improved. He is a trooper to walk at school. Thanks for asking...Since he had to take the steriod oral and cream he has been eating 100% more than he does and he regly. eats a ton for a 6'2" teen boy...I will be broke soon....lol Need More FOOD .......lol

Dawn said...

I'm glad he's feeling better. My little brother got it on vacation in Florida so bad one time he was in the hospital, he had it everywhere! It got into his lungs and it was pretty scary. Glad to hear the meds are helping and I know what you mean about going through food! I think Eddie must be having a spurt.