Thursday, February 19, 2009

Velveteen Rabbit



On our "date" the other night Michael and I went to Barnes and Nobels and to Starbucks after dinner. I spotted my most favorite kids books besides The Polar Express. I love to sit in the book store with the new book smell and see all the possiblities there are out there to read. I don't enjoy reading but I do like a good book now and again. Short stories are more my style. I loved when the kids were little and when I had daycare kids and worked int he school and would read to them. I love to get them into the book. Well I reread the Velveteen Rabbit in a comphy chair while Michael looked at some travel books. As my eyes filled with tears I got up and felt like a kid again. I love that story. I love just how loved it makes you feel. I have read it to the boys years and years ago and would now...BUT lol that would be freaky...lol lol lol I do love to read out loud to kids and love to share the passion for a good kids book. Go read this book it is sooo wonderful!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

i love the children's books, too.
it does bring back memories, how ni of you and Know Fear to have a little date at the book store. miss you!