Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Walks to the park


This came back to me b/c I was reading fellow bloggers post (Kristen) about her day with the kids at Sonny Myers Park. That was a park that was build brand new when Stephen was about 18 mnths. old. I remember Michaels Nana Martha saying I know the Myers brothers good boys they all are. I had no clue who she meant. So this one day I look at the sign like 3 days after it opened and it said Sonny Myers Park. Ok now I know why she said that when I stopped by her house before walking to the park. I remember the times like yesterday. I would leave my house on Cummings Ave and walk to the crosswalk on B'Way...Never J walk, always use the crosswalk no matter how far you have to go to get it...lol then make my way to East Mnt Ave and Payson St. I could go an easier way but it was just a nice thing to ring her bell and have her come down to see the "lil rascal" as she called him. She would take down a glass of luck warm water for me. She always said water that was too cold would give you the arthritis....We would talk for a while and she would say before the sun is high in the sky you should get to the park and back b/c mid day sun is no good for even the darkest of skin. She was a doll that Nana Martha. On some days I had more than just my own I would have my daycare kids too. We would pack a lunch to eat there and make our way to the childrens room in the libray on the way back. The fun and joy they had there. Once of the things was a chain type balance beam and Stephen was so strong even when he was small and would not want any help. The swirl slide was a scary one...lol I long for those days again to see the newness of things in their eyes. I love the "men" or should I say almost men that they have become but something about way back then that I can just bawl my eyes out knowing that they are no longer lil ones. When M and I took my neice and nephew there in the fall I had to go behind a tree to conpose myself b/c I was in a full fledge cry fest. I know M knew why I was bawling but also said we still get to do these things with the lil ones in the family. I think it is not exactly the same b/c of the past memories I got to make with my own. Oh I love more than anything in this world being a mother. I loved the days when they were lil and would stop time or turn it back if I could.

2 comments:

Stephie Says..... said...

I forgot to mention we would pass our old church on the way home and say a prayer. Ryan would say (he didnot talk for a longtime but would say this) big Gods house but I knew he mean Gods house is big. lol it was a big and beautiful church. I still can't pass that place without a tear welling up in my eyes. We go to Christmas eve Mass there b/c it is much more traditional than our Church now and I swear I have wet eyes the entire time. OH I LOVE THOSE TIMES WAY BACK WHEN...

Kristin said...

Tt took me a minute to realize the picture is of SONNY MYERS PARK! That blogpost was so touching.
i cherish the young days with them even when they are driving me bananas because i too will be you looking back on the baby days. It goes by way too fast and i wish we could make the moments last longer, thanks for sharing those memories with Nana Martha