Sunday, February 03, 2008

2-3-08 37 years old today!

I never really made or make big deals about my birthday. In the past when I was a we lassie (lol) I did have some really cool parties. My mother may not have been there for me often but she was one to party so she made sure that I got some cool parties.(guilt thing I guess) Nana T always on a Sunday would have the Itailan Rum cakes yuck and all the old aunts and uncles over to celebrate. The gift of choice was savings bonds. A little gal really has no use for them but when she turns 18 and leaves for her first apartment on her own they come in very handy...LOL
I guess I have always done opposite of Paula so maybe that is why I find it repulsive to make a big deal of b-day. I think the thing that stings the most is that the only person I really want and cared for me unconditionally as a youngin, Nana T is the one person I can't get a call from. I am so greatful,thankful and blessed(I have to post a pic of the beautiful tulips Normie sent, luv u gf/bff) for all the well wishes on the comp and phone from all the people in my life but I hate that Nana T is no longer able to recall what day it is let alone what season. We went to see her last Sunday b/c this week was her 87th b-day and brought her 85th b-day bear a happy b-day cupcake. She did remember when we told her it was her b-day and said my sons is coming to b/c it is the day before hers. She is in and out of it so she says things that are corheant and then not. I surly do not long for the icky rum cake with the slivered almonds on it but long for the day that Nana T would wake her Stephie Baby and and hug me like I was just born all over again.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Stephie! Hope you had a great day!

Drew said...

I hope you had a great day with your family. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday Stephie!! I hope your birthday was special. Gosh, you're still a youngin' compared to me ;-)