Sunday, February 17, 2008

cooking class with Cassie.....

When the kids were babies I watched other children in the house for extra cash AND b/c I loved kids. I had some really great families and one crazy one. TAYLA BING! lol short stack pancake mans kid...lol this dad was a lonnney bin.....
So back to the story, Cassie my little love was with us from the time she was 19months old until atleast 1st grade and maybe longer since she would even come after school too. She is the best 12 year old cook I know. She is so smart with figuring out what goes with what ect. She makes concocktions like I did when I was young. She loves to try new things and was the only 4 year old that I knew that liked Brocklirapie sanwiches, a very bitter dark green veggie sauted with garlic...lol What kid likes that stuff? LOL So this week on Wednesday she is coming over to have some "lesons". She is so excited and called twice to make sure she brings the right stuff to make things. I can't wait to spend time with her again. The first time we baked a cake her and Ry were at the breakfast bar in the old house, we are mixing ect the doorbell rings...I tell them to stay put and I go down to answer it(a raise ranch) I walk up the stairs to find Ryan covered in cakebatter all over the place. He was 3 and she was 2 1/2 ......It was a sight. I was livid but also had to hold back the laughs b/c it was a site. I asked why he did it and he said Cassie did it and said I would look yummy. LOL LOL ....Still to this day she is a little bossy to him and he has always let her be. She is half his size but has the personallity larger than life. Our plan is to make chocolate mouse, fudge ( I really dont want her to have the secret resp. JK) and butterhorn cookies. It is more a baking not cooking class. After that we are off to a hockey tourny game in NH. As for Monday and Tuesday time at the bear barn, a very busy time of year for bears. Lots of hockey and a Ramp Camp compition. fun fun fun .....Have a great week......xoxoxoxo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Broccoli Rabbe lol...nice try :o)

--Amy

Anonymous said...

thanks for your help...lol

Norma said...

i hope the chocolate 'mouse' doesn't poop mini chocolate chips all over your kitchen...

Paige said...

Sounds like great fun and memories they'll always treasure!

Dawn said...

Can I sign up for classes?

PamelaAnne said...

when do i get lessons? lol your chocolate mouse saved my life when i got my teeth out.. yummmmy!

Drew said...

Great stories. Have fun!!!