Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Caught 2 bugs....



I have been under the weather for about 4 days now. It is not that bad just tons of tissue being used and I can not amplify my voice like I would like to. I took Zicam on Sunday and extra Vit C(I even Zicamed the kids and they were put off by the nasty after taste of the zink and hated that it dulled your taste buds), it was buy one get one free at Rite Aide and we passed one on the way home. It is expensive $11.99 for a 1.0 oz bottle. So getting one free was a good deal. It does what it said. It has made my bug not so bad and bearable. I also think it is coming ot an end much sooner than it would of without it. I have not taken any medicine b/c I am not one for meds. nor do I miss work. Unless I was dying I am the type to suck it up or atleast try. The other bug I caught was the reading bug. I am not one to read on purpose and if I do it is magazines and small stories like Chicken Soup for the Soul type books. My attention span is there but reading was never a want. In a past a few back Normie sent me my most beloved book ever and I am all done with it. As with every time I read it I sob my eyes out b/c Francie is all grown up and moving on and the "Tree" persavered and got by the hard times and still was able to laugh and love what she went through. That is for another post. After completing my first owned edition of that book I had the bug, the reading bug. I needed to get more. I liked snuggling up on the chair in the corner of our room(the one I really did not want to take from MILs house but ended up matching wonderfully and being a great piece of furniture for the room)I wanted to read something that would bring me to a differnt place, like back to the late teens in Brooklyn where Francie lived. I was close to reading Great Expectations but I xed that one. Way too deep and too much content. I did not want to revist Tuesdays with Maury nor the other one that was just a made for TV movie. I was at a deadend and was goin to make a trip to the make shift Library, ours is being renovated and restored to its original gradude as the Hictorical Society stated when they wanted the town votes to raise taxes 3% to take care of the $1.5 mil project that passed. I did not have to go far. Ryan brough home two books from the school library and I picked one up. I love the Author Andrew Clements and have read Frindel and Janitors Boys so I kept reading after looking at the overview of the book. I got hooked last night and read most of it and am going to finich tonight before Big Brother of course lol. I do plan on making a trip to the libray Friday afternoon even though the books are slim pickins since it is in a make shift trailer. I am surprised at my recent desire to read more. I have nothing against it and comend all who do it on a regular basis. I guess it is a faze....Off to read the rest of the book.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Stephie,

Are you feeling better? I have been reading too but mostly financial stuff. Not too exciting. I have not read "Tree" but you guys make it sound so good - I'll have to get it from the library. I ordered a book from the library that Karen recommended but it must be popular as it's been months and it's not ready yet.

Have a nice day!
Dawn

Paige said...

Glad you're on the mend Stephie. As for reading, I haven't read anything besides kids books in a long while. We love the library though and I'm going to TRY to read at least one book a month for myself. As for "Tree" I have been wanting to re-read it with Gabbie (who has not read it).