Thursday, July 26, 2007

Yearly trip to Boston.....

Every year since Stephen was born we have vetured in to Boston FH during Michaels vacation. Today was surpose to be Hampton Beach NH day (yes I had every intention to go to a BEACH, believe it if you may) but we had a worker coming to the house that messed up our plans...UGH...so today after he left we went. I am so very proud to report.......I yes I said I drove into Boston...Not Michael I >>>>>Yes I am not fond of driving out of my comfort zone but I am also not fond of being the passenger in the car when in a stress driving situation. I guess it is a controll thing but hey if it puts me at ease, why not........We compared the train tickets to the cost of parking and it was $12. more to park. Hey why not....The boys are out of the "yippie a train stage.." at least on a 90* day they are ...lol ...No s,elly train station. NO JERMS......lol We always go the Dicks Last Resort for nachos and something cold to drink. It is not a place for the faint of heart...lol The wait staff is trained to bug the crap out of eachother as well as the diners...lol It is very fun though......A really old women dining alone just wanted to take a load off and I don't think she knew what she was getting into.......poor thing looked at us and said this place is crazy.......Rachael the waitress said our kids were to quiet and they needed caffine or drugs to make them be monkeys and jump on the walls.....She then said really loud someone at this table farted and lit a match to get the smell away.....SO when she came back I told her it must of been the baby near us...lol she said that we have to accept that it was us and not blame poor inocent babies....lol She was a hoot....Ryan wore the famous paper hat that read I like to eat boogers on my nachos....I got a blue balloon that said when I laugh I pee trickels..and S got I heart fart smells....She left Michael alone I think b/c he is not a joker like that....BUT THEN after we got our food she put a bib on him that said "if I have to wear my diaper then I must wear my bib" Well at that point we were in stiches not only b/c of us but the other tabels around us.....lol It is a hoot going there....We also got Ryans yearly Bearded Papas Cream Puff.....OH they are heavenly.....I had a small taste of the cream and was a very good girl....Stephen got a canolli and it also looked heavenly...I to then only had a small taste of the fillin...I am so proud....Oh and Rachael said she has never seen anyone drink the amount of water that I drink and not run to the bathroom...LOL LOL I had to hav ehad 4 glasses of water and the cups were HUGH........I did get to use the BABW restroom when I dropped by to see my Boston friends....
That was our 90* day in Boston........that trip is out of the way...Still NEED to make it to Hampton Beach...We make a yearly trip there too but mostly after dinner to walk the bordwalk not to beach..but this year I vow to beach...lol Have a great night...S

3 comments:

Karen said...

CAn you believe how fast a year has gone by? I remember reading your post of FH from last year.. I think you took the train in last year. I love your description of Dicks! I have never been there but I've heard about it.. You are a good sport! How can you not laugh?!! Glad you all had a great day in Boston.. Here's to Hampton Beach next...

Paige said...

What a fun day you had!! I've heard the name of the place, but had no idea what it was or where it was. I must admit that it's not likely to be a place I'd enjoy so much as David and the kids would. Potty humor is their thing not mine LOL I can't wait to go to Fanieul Hall when I get home; thanks for the visual :-)

Dawn said...

Sounds like fun - I've not been there yet but I plan to make it there someday!