Monday, July 18, 2011

on a positive note!

When something just pops in your head like a whisper from you don't know who! I started to get up and make dinner....I looked in the cabinet to get pepper where my herb teas also are...well then I see the regular tea bag. I swear Nana drank at least 4 cups of black peoke tea a day! A lil dap of milk in the mornings tea and the rest of the day black! She was predictable with her eating too. Ate the garlic and rapi in EVOO all the time.....maybe an egg with it but mostly plain with a piece of Italian bread. For dinner always the "greens"///I never knew how she could eat the "greens" so blah! She would flash them and then put more freaking garlic ....LOL at the time I HATED the taste and smell of that crap...now I think I am her..garlic is the killer of all jerms Stephie ..UGH! LOL LOL I guess you have to think it must be freaking good for you. Looking at the tea I realized NEVER was she sick. Disease free for years....until the dimensia set in like '95. She never got sick...Had a headache now and then...wore her vics in the winter to "not get dry nose Stephie" and really was never sick. I fight to find an end to all cancers and hate that people get sick ect and have to battle illness but really to be that age and not have to see a doctor or not have to deal with an illness says something.She lost much of her site to macular degeneration 1995, but never had an illness. There are many people that battle everyday to stay well and get well....I WILL fight no matter what to make sure diseases are stomped on...but in the life of my Nana....WOW! really to not really have a problem and get sick until you are like 74 that says something.

3 comments:

Stephie Says..... said...

I swear it wa like a whisper saying "Stephie do you even realize that I NEVER had to deal with illness, really when you think of it" It took me in my head to the thinking of all the people I WALK FOR and ALL the effort I make to MAKE SURE that people do not have to be sick..!

Anonymous said...

we know how much you loved your NANA and we're sure she knew it as well. Oh! to know my grandchildren loved thier nana as much would be the greatest gift of all. and to never had to be hospitlized with an illness for soooo many years, gotta drink more tea. when the time comes, we pray that she passes in peace. love mom

Stephie Says..... said...

Spoke with nurses this morn and Nana is doin the same...she takes in a lil bit of food/protein and has meds that make her not feel pain so that makes me comforted to know she is not in pain....Will be heading to see her tom after work. Say her for a really short time today but she was sleeping