Monday, July 18, 2011

~The love of a Nana~

Nana's have this special kind of love that may not even have enough words to describe it. If you know me well enough you know how I regard MY NANA T! ......she means the world to me! Raising me and giving me her values make me a lot of who I am today.Her decline the past years and more so the past months is so sad..Like I posted before Alzheimers SUCKS big time...sucks the life out of the person that it effects and sucks major life out of the family members too. Gettin word today that her decline is very very bad and that her days may be numbered due to her inability, due to her disease to consume enough food and drink I am heart broken. Do I in the real world know that death happens, ? yes...do I realize at 90 and ill you will not live on forever? YES! But that still doesn't help with the sting of what is yet to come. I feel in a fog now, a limbo of blahness.....I stay strong talking to the home and give a call to get info on making arrangement's for maybe a pending service. I get the reality of life and death. But hey ya can't fault a girl for being emotional....That is life. Love to you Nana Theresa...you will always be so beautiful to me, body and spirit!

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

I'm sooo sorry to be reading this sweetie... Yes, the reality of life is easy to understand and talk about when it's not affecting you personally...

Let me know if you need ANYTHING...

Norma said...

Stephie, if there is anyone outside your family who knows the bond between you and Nana T, I like to think it's me. How sad it is that she has had to suffer this way and that you have had to lose her as the person you remembered over the years. She is and was a strong and beautiful woman who truly loved her Stephie and was always proud of you, happy for you, doing anything she could for you. And you have done the same for her. May her last days be peaceful ones and may your memories of her make you smile...she lives on in you as you live on in your boys. You know you can call me any time for anything.

Stephie Says..... said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVEvD30e5yc&feature=related