Monday, June 06, 2011

things I may not have done at 340lbs


I have to say way back when I TRIED to kayak and it did not go well. I think I did not know how to manage my weight and stay centered. Maybe I just had to much to center. Well tonight thanks to Susan,,,mind you back in 2001 Sue was the motivator to push me walking when I dropped 80lbs but did not keep it off, she called out of the blue with the crazy question "what are you doin,? U wanna go kyackin right now????" I said what now?????Q!!!!!! ok what do I wear...LOL AND I so did not mean it like a social event that I had to DRESS UP! I meant do I find clothes that would be water proof ect...so she said flip flops, bug spray and something you don't care to maybe get a lil dirty. DIRTY! huh!!!! LOL LOL I realized life os to shot to worry if I get a lil dirty! Nature has dirt...I have grown to love the outdoors and nature so dirty comes with the territory. As we load th eback of her 4x4 (mind u they would never fit in the hybrid lol nor would the hybrid haul such Lbs. LOL LOL) we got a lil dirt on us and a great upper workout b/c they are not light items....Our upper body workout continued with gliding and rowing against the currant, Why make it easy and ride the currant when you can push through it.!!!! SO off we went in Middleton, but felt like Maine....It was quiet, beautiful and so refreshing. I felt alive and well to be out ther enjoying Gods great creation. WOW you could even see the bottom of the Ipswich River..it was way cleaner than I would imagine. The best part is we got to catch up with each others goings on and enjoy some rays of sunshine that was still pretty bright. I am no longer a kayak virgin...hahahha I may even ride the rapids like Michael did at the KNOW FEAR place in Norhtern Maine White Water Rafting. Yup the really fast in the blowup thingy event. I opted out those times he went b/c of lack of interest and out of comfort zone type feelings. This eve will be in my memory and I want to send out a great BIG thank you to Sue for the offer and please ask again..I LOVED IT! My new THING>..lol love the upper body workout!

1 comments:

Stephie Says..... said...

saw some on line...wow weight limit 175lbs some of them....so no wonder why when I tried in the past it jsut didn't work out to well