Saturday, June 18, 2011

my babies daddy!!!!


Growing up not having a father..not the best thing ever...but having a very loving papa made it a lil bit easier, no I stand corrected a lot easier. Losing Papa Steve was a hard blow at a young age ta boot. I also had the pleasure to have an outstanding uncle who I love and cherish to this day. With that said regardless when you father is not apart of your upbringing there is a puzzle piece missing and it is not an easy thing to get over.Fathers Day being a reminder of that. When all your friends are saying how much they love and cherish their dad. You deal with it but in the back of your mind you always think of the what if's and other scenarios that might have occurred. Knowing that feeling of absents I NEVER EVER wanted my children to feel that. I wanted them to have what I didn't and I am pleased and honored to say they got that and more. Blessed with a man who not only has shown nothing but unconditional love, respect, and pride towards me; he has shown and acted as the best dad around for our sons. He quote unquote would shovel shit if he had to to support us...he would take a bullet for us and would never ever leave or have us in any danger. He has always stated that he could never understand how a man could put a blind eye to his flesh and blood. He says how can men not support their kids? I as a mother do not understand it since the love for your children is so very special and deep, it is a selfless kind of action that is automatic, well atleast for most I would hope. I always joke with him and call him my daddy too. LOL I love most sayin "you're my babies daddy"....and we just laugh! :D As for his own dad, he had a role model of epic proportions. It's a no wonder why he is such a great dad. I since day one have felt like a "daughter" to my FIL....The dance that took place at our wedding was so special, I felt such a deep love and connection it really made me feel loved. I know where he gets his loving, caring and daddy like qualities and feel equally blessed to have had him get such an awesome upbringing. As for the DNA half of me that was and still not involved or apart of my life...Still to this day I can say I was jipped in a way ...no correction HE was jipped BIG TIME.....he made the choice to NOT be in MY life. He is the one missing out BIG! I could be the wallow in my sorrow type or I can put on my big girl pants and hold my head up high and not let that define me. AND I DO! Head held high! Knowing that HE MISSED OUT more that I ever did. Another Fathers Day approaches and I have no need to be sad because there are many more dads in my life that I can look to and say HAPPY FATHERS DAY to ....the most important being the one who has been there since minute one, who through the years has shown and gone above and beyond the tile of father...he is a true dad! Smart, Best Bud, Strong in spirt, Gentle, Caring Supportive,Wise,In Charge and most of all loving in an unconditional way......Thank You to my Best Friend and Love. I would not want to have gone through the past 20 years with anyone but you by my side. oxoxoxo

0 comments: