Sunday, June 07, 2009

For one split second...

I woke at 457am without the alarm as always and made my way to the bathroom and sat and said yeah no training walk this morn. Washed hands and walked back towards the bed. Did not sit or lay back down...another spilt second..pivot towards the closest to get clothes. Yeah second of that gone and forgotten. Could I go on with my very busy day knowing that I did not do my 15 miles that are expected of me...NO I would feel guilty and wrong. Even the day I do the NSMC 6 mile cancer walk to honor dads or I should say men I will do an additional 6-9 miles to compensate for my small distance. I HAVE TO! Today was the FIRST time since maybe April of '08 that I had a second of negative feelin to go back to bed. BUT THE THING IS I DID NOT FALL or GIVE IN! YAY ME! pat on back. I look at it this way, am I healthy enough and do I have legs that work? YES I DO! well get out there and just do it! I would not of met Peter and awesome positve husband, dad, and breast cancer survior this morn. Yes Peter, men are not immune to BC like some may think. He and I chatted and he had a great pink shirt on that said "CANCER...You messed with the wrong BROAD(crossed out) fighting kick ass kind of guy! Up yours, I WON!" it was a hoot. One fiesty gal had a t on with two hugh circles of hot pink right where the boobskies go and it said hey what are you lookin at? Thats right I walk for the fight!
One had the same hot pink dots...very large take up your entire boob area dots that said these boobs are made for walking....lol I love the enthusiasm. I love the hope and I hear of the suffering and the loss that goes with it. I am proud to wear the pins of two women who walked on the Pink Angels before me that have passed and they were even younger than I am...Sad but that is why we walk...Peter said Chrissy may not have lived a lifetime, b/c the message for SGC is Everyone Deserves A Lifetime, but the life she lived made a make on many hearts...her time was full of life! Touching these training walks...I feel like it doen't just train our bodies but also our spritis.....I see things differnly. I cherish and thanks God for every breathing second I am givien to make my mark, make a differnce. TO BE! not just ot be TO BE! and to DO! selfeshness is not an option! DO for others! xoxoxo love yourself and grow by spreading that love...xoxoxo

0 comments: