Thursday, May 22, 2008

A late night last night



Yesterday at 1pm I got a call in work from Michael and was asked if we had plans for the night. A spark went of in my heart...oh he wants to go out with me on a date...NO that was not it...lol He got 4 very close tickets from an acutioner he deals with at work. CLOSE was an understatement. Three rows from the dugout. I saw my brother-in-laws head at one point on the TV. No I did not go. I was asked with a giggle knowing my answer. I do not like the confinment of a crowd like that and the feeling that there is no quick way out and sitting there watching a game for @ 5 hours...not my cup of tea. Four tickets 3 people....who shall he ask. His dad had plans and could not pick what brother to ask, wanted to be fair. Well fair came in to play when he could not get in touch with one of the brothers since he was on the golf course for the afternoon so the younger one got to go. Picking up Stephen from school I gave some hints as to where dad was taking him tonight. He guessed. With much excitement he got his HW done fast to be ready for his pick up. Ryan gets in at 3:30 and we are excited to give him the news. He at first thinks we are joshing him and then we "swear" we are not kidding, "call dad"...He knows dad does not just "joke" about things to play him. OK he is on board with believing us. Next Ry says "do I have to go?" HUH! MCAS testing is tommorow and I want a good night sleep and I really don't like baseball, I like the SOXs but I don't care to go. His brother is looking at him with his head shaking back and forth with a tisk tisk kind of face. I am like Ry they are really good seats. No I don;t want to go. OK WON'T force the boy. Call up dad and tell him. NOOOOOOO u tell him. Like dad have ever been above a 3 on the loud scale.....lol I tell Michael and he is like well I'll call my brother again. Called and called....nothing.So Micahel tought of my uncle..nope had to work late. About a half hour before they had to leave I told Stephen to call his best friend Christian. Stephen was like "short notice" /////I know just try. He got out of his own baseball game and came over as fast as can be. But Murphys Law has is that the other brother is gonna call just when we get someone to fill the ticket..lol It did'nt happen. fhew! I jumped back and forth to see how the game progressed. IT WAS A LONG ONE! They won and the boys left at the bottom of the 8th to be able to avoid the traffic and the crowds. At one point I heard noise and got flusted and called M and his phine did not pick up. Well after I find out he left his brother off here to get his car and then take Stephens friend home. SO the statling noise was BIL getting in his car. But I did not want to raise the blind and look...lol I am a woose.....lol and was to scared to look....Then at around 11:40 when S and Michael came in I got the story of what the noise was. They had a blast. Stephen was raving about the seats and LOVES Fenway Franks....I have got them before but of course he said there is something about eating them there or how they are cooked that they are not the same as here. I am glad they got to sit in such great seats. I am sure Stpehen after school is gonna be zonked. He has golf club and is an early to bed type of kid. I bet he'll have to play "catch up" this weekend.....I am zonked waiting up for them. Yeah it is just how it is...could not sleep knowing they were in the big bad BOSTON! ......lol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!! you have MY number!!! lol why didn't I get a call!?!? or was i in RI?--amy

Paige said...

Holy cow Stephie!! I would have given my teeth for a chance like that! I've tried for MONTHS to get even the 'cheap seats' for me to bring the kids even if it has to be one at a time and still haven't been able to get any. I'm very glad that Michael and all had a great time. And tell Stephen I agree with him about Fenway Franks and I'm not even one to really like hot dogs! LOL
And kudos to Ryan for bein so responsible about MCAS; what a kid!

Drew said...

That's awesome!

We wanted to get tickets for August and they're already sold out.


ps. We ended up getting Andy's JD Drew jersey the day after his birthday. Not bad, right? But again...THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORTS!!

Stephie Says..... said...

No problem Drew. I am glad he got it not so late....Did he love it! I am sure he did....


U were in RI Hotdawwg...lol took me a min to think but I knew it was u adawg...lol