Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Snow Blower doctor..or should I say Dr. Stephen...


When living on a hill you NEED a snow blower. Well we got a really good one three winters ago. Just yesterday it was not working as efficant as always. We noticed that only one side was turning so it took twice as long to clear. At one point we gave up and did the hugh steep drive by hand. Yeah real fun! NOT! I NEED to call the Dr. for this thing b/c I hear MORE SNOW Friday. No more by hand crap b/c that is just crazy. The boys an dI really got a work out yeaterday. I keep getting charlie horses since doing it....yeah love this snow......NOT! It was funny after watching the kids sled down the hill in the yard after we were done. I son't know where they got the energy after shovlin for 2 hours....I needed to shower and get ready to go to the bear barn that had NO guests and made no cash at all. It was weird, a ghost town like feel......Even on the road felt like not a soul in sight. I guess people were smart and headed the stay home warning..I wish I could of stayed home the entire time but had to close last night and clean the BB....lol Have a great non snow day today .....
Update>>>>>Michael and Stephen, well really Stephen lol the mechanical one attempted to fix the blower Thursday night. They went to 3 stores and finally at Sears they were sent to the Sears Repair store on RT 114 but were not told that is closed at 500pm at this point it was 630pm...ugh...M went yesterday on his way home from work and "ordered" the part that is being sent in the mail. Stephen read the manual and says he knows how to put in the part. S also changed the oil in it..I tell u this kid did not get that from his dad...lol He really has a talent for figuring things out without ever being told ot taught. I love that he is such a handy kid...lol He is loving school and is really swaying tolds the elecrical dept for his trade.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I hope your snow blower gets fixed - I hear we are getting more snow on Friday!

I like the new look to your blog!

Kids are funny - where do they get all the energy from??

Keep warm!

melissa said...

woa, i thought I found the wrong blog! nice new look!!!
So sorry for your weather...thats why they made up "Cruise season" that would be NOW to get you out of that mess up there! hehe
Don't feel bad, I had to wear a coat today...

Anonymous said...

I was on the phone with the snowblower repair guy for like 20mins today. I was looking into big bucks for this but after talking with him and writing down an essay of things M can go to Sears and buy like 3 items, use the owners guide and do it himself...OH OK...so Sears we went before dinner after hockey, spend only $17
that is good NOW lets see how it goes. Stephen the almost 15 year old his going to be in charge b/c he "gets" machanical things more than M ever would..LOL And funny M knows this....lol too much...
Thnaks guys...I needed a new look ...lol got 7 inches cut off my head and needed to redo blog too...lol sorry u had to wear a coat....but not boots...lol My pants got so dirty today with back spash of slush...YUCK!!!! Have a great night...Dawn if I had the cash I would be in Disney asap.....or Hawaii...LOL WANNA GO!? hehehehhehe

Anonymous said...

I really hurt my body with all the shoveling yesterday ...I am really feeling it today...funny b/c M nad I have been going to the gym and I tought I would be fine but I guess it is a differnt kind of exercise lifting the snow and bending to scoop it...UGH...I HATE MASSACHUSETT!

Dawn said...

Stephie, we need to see pictures of your haircut!! I hope you'll feel better soon from all that shoveling!!! Yes, I am up for Hawaii or Florida!!

Drew said...

Send some our way will ya???

Anonymous said...

I wish I could.....
TOday only the western part of the state got it...yeah...we have rain...YEAH.....It is going to be really fridgid for Sundays game...GO Pats