Sunday, January 06, 2008

No longer "Master Bear Builder"



As you all know my job at BABW was and still is something I really value. I have always loved the work that we do as a company and the daily interaction we have with little ones as well as big one...lol ......Some big ones are harder to deal with than the little ones...lol I do however hate the fact that I am no longer a "Master Bear Builder". I still do that job but also am 'mgmngmnt'......I can do the job and have been since mid November and what a time to have to learn and do .....Holiday crunch time. It is slowing down since kids are back to school. I just wish that I had the job that I had before. Bear Builder de'jure....OF THE DAY.....lol I still do merchandising like before...the early Thursday mornings of BABW gym, lifting, putiing away...unloading pallets and all that good workout stuff. My side kick Pam and I had hours of conversations about every subject under the sun. Now I do it alone.....Yeah realllllyyy fun....On the second Thursday of the month she'll be alone and knows how it feels too. Michael goes to a meeting in Boston on the 2nd Thursday of the mnt and I cna not go to work to meet the truck before 6 and have to drive Stephen and get Ryan and his friend on the bus. Anyone can use the extra cash that is for sure but at this point in life it is not all about money it is the fact to LOVE what you do. As you know from prevs. posts back before BABW, I LOVED my job at the school and just got a bad break when layoffs came being the lowman on the pole for positions not there. I did get burn out from schoolbus driving and loved that I could go to BABW still work with kids and have so mucg fun my entire shift long. It is no longer that fun. I do the job that I have to do and cant have as much fun as before b/c it is like a robotic job of doing what you need to do. Guest interaction is still there, glad for that but it is differnt that I cant stuff and have that longer term fun as much being "floorleader" as we say....I am happy to be employeed, some people dont have jobs and not all bad but wish and long for the Master Bear Builder days back......This here is not a rant or complaining just needed to get out what I feel. I can only hope for those of you who read, you too can go to your job abd be greatful/happy that you work there. The sayin is work like you dont need the money...hell we live in America....WE ALL NEED the money to survive......Have a great day at work.....yup Sunday work.....UGH

5 comments:

PamelaAnne said...

oh stephie i know how you feel i hate the stress of being manager there if i only i could make the same money and get the benifits and work as a BB i would take that too in a heartbeat. You cant let it get to you though. just like you found what you love about being a BB, there has to be something you love about having more responsibility in the building. How about all of the BB who look up to you as being the best. You get to teach others how to be as great as yourself. You can now take your love of stuffing and share that with everyone else. You get to be there more making the day of more children who meet you. Try not to get caught up in the floor leader aspect of the job. there are plenty of other places in the store to make special connections with children other than the stuffer. and you can be there. I promise it gets better and easier and more tolerable although i will always wish the same as you. I also believe that no job is every that worth the money if you are not happy to go there everyday. Now that its slow again you can learn more and spend the time with the kids, the part you love most. You are doing a fantastic job and I am so greatful that you stepped up to the position when we needed you the most. thank you for that. You can call me at 6 if ya want.. lol i can talk to you on speakerphone. The one part of work i will miss the most... chatting with you :(

Anonymous said...

MEE TOOO.......Truck is no longer fun but I feel an acomplishment when I complete it alone....but still would love to do it with you not alone....

Drew said...

I don't like managing. I'd rather be a "player/coach" Still doing the actualy work, while helping to mentor others. I know how you feel. Hang in there.

Dawn said...

I'm sorry it's not as much fun as it used to be... sounds like you are doing a great job though! Keep smilin'!!!

Anonymous said...

Well first, congratulations that you were promoted! You should be proud that MANAGEMENT saw that you have what it takes to get the job done..and the people skills to make everyone (including employees) happy! Hope it gets better.. try not to take it home with you at night and hope that the good parts of the job can keep you happy!!!