Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Favorite rainy day things to do in the fall..



I say I don't "love" the fall but there is a lil part of me that does for this reason.......I spent the day in the kitchen, after seein Nana T with Ryan and MIL & FIL and an errond. I love to make several meals so that I can pull them out after a long busy day during the week. Two Sundays ago I did 14 meals and that made the last two weeks so easy. Pull out and heat after I did all the work on a Sunday. Two moms from Washington State stared a buisness out of this concept. I like to do it for my family and don't think I would like to HAVE to have 200 clients a week like they do. I was asked by two of the hockey moms to "help" them too. They would buy the food and I prepare it and then they pay me for my time. I tought of the old saying teach a man to fish he'll fish for a lifetime...lol instead of fishing for him...hehehe
I made about 5 meals this time and extra so that there are 2 sittings from each. I won't bore you nor temp you with the tastly temptations..lol Lets just say the boys want to eat them all at once when they see masterpiece after masterpiece being made and put away. They all get a taste to make sure it is up to Stephie par..lol
I made fudge yesterday to take to BABW's inventory fest. A batch of toll house choc chip cookies also for there and M's friends he will see tonight with the boys while I am at inventory. So this takes me to why I like the fall......I can have one of my cook fests. The rain made it wonderful that I could stay in and just do one of the things I love to do. My boss asked how can I cook and not want to gobble it all up. (being on the plan and all) ...I just am fine with it. It could be foods that I am not able to eat or choose not to and can still make them and be fime with it. Ryan was funny yesterday morn. While we were getting ready to go out early he saw that I had the Food Network on...(my fav) and said since u r doing so good (down 53 lbs yahoo) why do u torture urself watching that. LOL LOL I said it really doesn't bother me. I tought that was cute. It was the show all about chocolate. MY love for chocolate is great but these days not an issue. It does not over power me to the point that I am like gotta have it. Hey it is there and I can tak eit or leave it. Yes I did just say that...lol Heart and Wellness progm...I LOVE U! lol

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow! Please DO bore me and tempt me with some ideas... what wonderful creations did you make? Down 53 pounds?? That's incredible!! I'm so proud of you! And you can cook up a storm and not want to eat it all? That's GREAT!! One of my weaknesses!!! Keep up the good work, you are doing so well!! I will have to check out a heart and wellness program down here on the South Shore.

Stephie Says..... said...

the chicken sausage gumbo (mild) I was told was the bomb mom...lol
I did turkey chile/pasta fazole (white beans and pasta/veggies)Beef and barley soup/veggie lazan. with bachenelle sauce(white cream sauce)/gravy and meatballs(aka pasta sauce LOL)/turkey saug. rosotto with spinac/
I did some more cookin on Sunday too...lol I SWEAR I LOVE TO COOK!
atleast they got food to eat and I dont have to worry for atleast a week and a half...lol

Anonymous said...

I need to make those!
Maybe we can e-mail and you can give me some tips for how to prepare ahead of time...It would be a lifesaver!
:)
and Congrats on the 53lbs! Amazing!
Mel

Dawn said...

OK, we need to get together so you can teach me to cook!! I'm drooling over here - LOL! I never know what to make for dinner!!!!!!!!!!!