Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Big 4-OH ...................40!



This Thursday Michael will turn the BIG 4-0h.......
Forty years ago he came into this world on Thanksgiving as a mini turkey weighing over 10 lbs...(all the Raftery boys were 10 and over, poor little MIL .....She is about 5'1" and never weighed more than 110 back in the day, she had whoppers)

Tonight I am taking the family to Burtuccis (Michaels favorite) for a birthday dinner. He needed a new watch so we are all contributing to it. Cool watch it works on your body movment and never needs a battery. Fosil has long been the "cool watch" company.

He is out raking leaves while I bake the cake. We could not keep it from him. He is so not one for surprises. Neither am I , I HATE being surprised. Thanks goodness for Normie she let me in on the little secret of my baby shower....SHHHH nobody knows that to this day...LOL I did a good surprised looked. hehehehhe Well I did over hear Nonie (Michaels grandmother) slip when I was around the corner in another room, but they all taght I didi not hear...At that point I had already known from Normie being the awesome friend who knows me too well. So back to tonight....MIL wanted a big cousin/aunt/uncle/friend fest but I told her over and over HE DOES NOT WANT IT! He made it clear to me he is not his older brother who LOVES the attention....He is quiet laidback Michael who is on slow motion that does not like big deals made of him. SO I am going to honor his wishes......The cake is baking and the buttercream setting, gifts are all wraped. I sent him to the store to get eggs and butter this morn so we scrambeld while he was out. Ry made him a card from the computer and put some really sweet words on it....It came from the heart.....Stephen having a job and money now had me take him to Bobs Store yesterday with his own money to buy him something from RY an dhim...I told him Daddy expects nothing of that nature....A card will do but he insisted....Funny he picked out a new belt b/c he heard us talking one morning saying he needed one and a really funky tie.......with geometric shapes....SO NOT MICHAEL ....but I am sure he will wear it with pride.....
To mu best friend, heaven sent forever love.....Happy 40th Birthday....You get more handsome with age and grow wiser by the years.......xoxoxoxo Love Your Jelly Bean, Stephanie

6 comments:

Norma said...

That is adorable about Stephen buying the gifts and Ryan making the card. You guys are awesome! Happy Birthday, Michael! Enjoy the cake.

Anonymous said...

The cake was BIG and yimmy...I put a white 40 on it ....My nephew asked if I did the # 40 with toothpaster...We got a laugh out of that one......He is only 3 1/2 so it was really cute how he came up with that......MINTY! lol
Then b/c it was a light green with purple sprinkls I was asked by my old BIL was it pistachio....NO just b/c it was light green NOW that was not as cute as Owens comment....LOL
He LOVED the watch...The food was awesome........It was family style....a flat fee per person....Salad/rolls/4 types of pizza I choose, pasta w/gravy (sauce for you non Itails....) Chicken Ziti and Brock...AND Chicken Parm......There was a ton of food and if the dish was cleared he brought more and more....Funny as all heck waiter, Loved us! M got some really nice new clothes for work, I just ironed them all for the week...I told him I wish I calculated all the hours I have ironed in my life. I AM SURE IT IS A TON! He also got movie giftcard and Cheesecake Factory GC.....I was like HUH! It is not my b-day too....LOL He HAS to go with me so I benefit too....YIPPIE! HHEHEHEHE
He was so touched by Rys homemade card and told me I should repay Stephen indirectly ......SO Michael......Fun and good times to remember was had by all.......4 days till the real BIG 40!

Anonymous said...

* YIMMY = YUMMY!

PamelaAnne said...

yay! happy birthday michael!

Dawn said...

I love Bertucci's - but Ed doesn't so it would be a special treat to go! Sounds like a fun b-day celebration and so cute about the gift and the card - hope the 40th year is the best year yet!

Drew said...

Happy Birthday!

We love Bertucci's too!