Saturday, December 20, 2008

You never stop learning...a good lesson!


I was taught in the program (H&W) mind, body , spirit that if a situation is out of your hands and you have zero control over it...IE the snow....the one thing you can control is your reaction to the situation. It can make it 100% better if you have a positive reaction to it. I know all your life you never stop learning and I am so grateful to learn some coping strategies for the snow. It looks beautiful from the sliders, kind of like a winter forest. I will not make it a habit to keep lookin at the street or the hill b/c it is a mess. I have no control over it. It is what it is, an enlighten quote of my boss with many situations. I did listen to the CD the program gives us. It is an awesome meditation CD. One of the tracks takes you to the "beach" in your mind. My body really feels that awesome sensation of lying on the beach with the warm sun rays on you. You are thinking BEACH I taught Stephie was not a fan. Well think again, I have some a long way baby! I truly see the blessing of the beach. I tell you this program has really helped in my well being, not just in the weight loss but in all over well being.This fall when M and I went to Cuddles and Bubbles in Hyannis we had a wonderful time as well as a beautiful fall walk on the beach. I did not want to leave b/c I have a new found appreciation for the beach. He was so happy that I loved the moment of it and was not asking ot leave. I also loved the beach the few times I went this summer too. It was not about the icky sand and how dirty our feet would get it was about our surroundings and love of that moment. I use these techniques in life situations also. I have learnt to step back from things that people say or do. It may not always be the best thing for me to stay apart of neg situations so I was taught to STEP BACK give it time and space. I also see some situations as you need me more than I need you things. I know I am being vague but it also helps to express my mind even if you don't fully get what I am saying. Some of my friends/readers will know exactly what I am saying b/c it pertains to them. The purpose of the post is to show how you truly never stop learing. You can always better yourself, there is always someone out there better than you are and less fortunate than you are too. It is your reaction to the situation that makes it or breaks it. Stay WARM AND COZY.....

In Feb I will be a graduate of the H & W program. I am sad but at the same time excited that I came so far with them. Since April 29, 08 my eyes have been opened as well as my spirit. I already started planning my graduation speech. I have heard others that graduated and felt they did not have as much of an impact as I tought they did and others a deep impact. I want to show the staff just how greatful I am to them for all they have done. I think a batch of fudge would send the wrong message...LOL LOL now that was classic Stephie humor. lol lol

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Stephanie, that's right about how we are always learning... and how true about how your reaction to a situation can be so important... like my donut making experience this morning I told you about... That's so great you'll be graduating from the program and mentoring someone else... look how far you've come. Can you mentor me?

Stephie Says..... said...

Yes Dawn I can agree with you AND I am glad Kev did not spill the entire Thats a Bowl full of stuff atleast it was jsut a lil. Accidents happen and we so can't react b/c it was not done on purpose. I am so glad I have these stadigies b/c in the car yesterday my deep breathing and positive thinking helped me not be as stressed out and react like a crazy women...lol well once or twice I was freaked out b/c of other drivers who just don;t think...

Kristin said...

i love that post.
so true.
it's not what happens but your attitude when it is happening, that goes for everything in life.
i am so glad you got to take the H & M program, i love ya and am so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

thanks K...I am so happy my PCP got me to go and do it too.
I am 4 lbs from the 100 lb mark ....It is so weird I tried on clothes and so had to donate then b/c they look worng all big and hangy..lol now to get some new things. I got 2 gift cards for Lands End and will get some things there at Sears. I love the fabric that Lands End has...