Monday, August 27, 2007

First day of High School!


Go NSTHS Bulldogs!
Tuesday is Stephens first day of high school. I am getting teary eyed just thinking of it. I remember like it were yesterday when I brought him to preschool. Has the time just flown or what. I would give anything to rewind and replay these years all over again. Have some great final last days of summer fun because soon it will be a distant memory............Back to school time is here again.........
Is that mascot ugly or what....We went from the Masco Blackbear to this! lol I just hope that the school clothes do not have bulldogs on them...U*G*L*Y!
==================================================Wed...........
HS.....4 years that fly by....atleast that is what they say...
I am now the mother of a high schooler....At the young age of 36...Yes I will have an 18 year old when I am 40......Young Mamas ROCK! lol lol lol.....
It was really weird to bring my "baby" to high school. Yesterday I think I held up really well at drop off. I have been coughing AGAIN so I am frustrated at that so my focus was not of tears, it was keeping from a full fledge cough attack. When I picked him up I felt sad knowing that this is a place he knows few people and has to start all over again like in Kindergarten. I know he is a really confident kid and will have no problem but a mother can't help but still be a mother. Only a parent can know what I mean. No matter what the problem may be, as tiny as a grain of sand or as large as a rock a mom has to be MOM! I recall my HS days back in the mid/ late 80's and I can truly say there were awesome onesGO PJH!, Flew by, but I was ok with moving on to the next chapter. The last day of 8th grade at graduation was a differnt story. I cried and sobbed like a baby. Going to a small Catholic school with the same 20 or so kids from 1-8 you could not help but miss the "family" type setting. I even remember some of the boys getting chocked up(Not Normas brother) lol. I know Stephen was more than THRILLED to move on from his Jr High to the place he is choosing to go. I give him credit for taking the blind leap to a place that is unfimilar and diving in with a really positive outlook. Hey he even made Honors English class when he took his placement test back in May. He gets that from me......LOL LOL Ok so he doesn't lol lol I wish him well and 4 years of growth and many happy memories.....

7 comments:

Drew said...

Wow..HS! I can remember HS like it was yesterday. I still get a pitt in my stomach just thinking about it. Yuck!
ps. I love Bulldogs!

Norma said...

You know he is gonna rule that place...

Karen said...

Go Stephen!!! I hope he has an excellent day and loves this year. If you got him through Junior high unscathed, he will surely make it through HS! I'll be crying to you next year :)

p.s. I love those ugly bulldogs, except for their ugly bulldog drool.

Stephie Says..... said...

Oh Karen I will gladly be there on year from now when ur emotions are all over the chat too.....THEY WILL BE....Just like Normie with two gals making history next week too..K and 1st for her.....WOW that was fast. I remmeber driving this week to see Emmie when she was born right before my boys went back to school....I even recall going to Applebees for the 1st time near the southshore hospt with the family after...lol Funny how things stick. I had just missed Jim and Veronica by like 5 mins and was so sad not to see them at the Emmie visit...lol

Karen said...

I hope Stephen had a great first day.. Stephie, you are one of those mothers that I speak of in my posts. Your boys are so lucky to have you and Michael. High School is a tough time even for the most confident, I remember a friend of mine saying that she was tired of pretending to be happy all the time in HS and it hit me that she felt that way (I pretty much was always happy :)! I was worried about Billy this morning because he has had trouble getting picked on in the past. Luckily he had a great day....Time surely does fly.

Anonymous said...

Thanks K u r too a wonderful mother who cares so much for the well being of her kids....

Dawn said...

Wow - High School - big time! Let us know how the first day goes!