Wednesday, June 20, 2007

THE PARTY WAS A BLAST!

==================================================================
So Today was the big day........What a blast!I got the biggest bear hug from Jack, He and his two brothers gave me their full smiles and I was holding back the tears. Some of the kids that were with him lit up when they knew Mrs. R (thats what they called me in school) was doing the party. This one autistic boy Tyler who I had for a short time said I remember you lady....lol He just lost his brother who was in 12th grade to cancer in May. He informed me his brother is am angel and watches him all the time. I had to once again try so hard to hold back the tears. I was tearry eyed like the entire time. Jack loved being the center of attention b/c he is a big ham.....He made it easy to be silly. Some b-day kids are like "wake up" they are so ho hum that it is like HELP ME SOMEONE......lol Jack was given a clean bill of health, lets pray that it stays that way. He will be repeting 3rd grade b/c he only made it to school 8 days this year due to easily catching colds and infections. I can not believe how good he looked. He glows when he smiles. It did not even feel like work it was so fun. I ask myself why do these kids have to go through such pain. When I got in my car I let out the biggest cry b/c it was so hard to hold in in all that time. All I can say is dam sickness b/c it makes me want to scream. So here he is a year later and getting stronger...I guess miricles do happen.....Blessings....

I don't know if you recall last Julys post of a wonderful boy named Jack that was going through cancer treatment. I asked for prayers, he is doing so much better. His 9th birthday will be on June 30th the same day as my Ryans. I do not really ever work on Saturdays but I HAD to ask to work the day Jack booked his party. His dad saw me and asked if I was doing the party. I told him I don't work on Sat. but I will try my best to do it.....I DID IT! I have the honor to host his party. It is so beautiful that he has come so far, still has a ways to go but the light of hope seems closer than ever. Please keep Jack and all the children who struggle to be healthy in your toughts and prayers. I will report back after the party to let you in on the blast it was......Blessings

6 comments:

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

hope you all have a fun party!! he is adorable and i will keep him in my thoughts that he has a full recovery.

Anonymous said...

What a handsome young man. I'm glad to know that he's doing well. Have a wonderful party, we'll be thinking of you all. Prayers for all the children and the drs who help them. One day there will be a cure!!

Paige

Karen said...

He is so cute! What a nice gift of you to host his party.. You're awesome!!! He is in my continued prayers!

Unknown said...

Wow, he's so handsome. Glad you were able to host the party. I will keep him in my prayers that he has a full recovery.

Karen said...

Thanks for the update! I got teary eyed just reading your post. I can't imagine being Jack or his parents. We are all lucky and very blessed.. glad you were the hostess :)

Anonymous said...

Karen I am telling u, this family has the strenght of oxes. His mother and father kept the other two boys lives as normal as possible and still went daily for treatment to Boston and had to stay for a few long weeks at the Neely House, our hockey team makes donations to it yearly, the place is a home away from home. They also raise money for cancer causes despite the time restraints....