Tuesday, June 12, 2007

8th Grade is almost over.........OK NOW IT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


They do not call it graduation they call it "bridging on".........call it whatever but it is on your way to high school, yes I am going to have a "highschooler" come September. OMG where has the time gone? I remember the walks up the very large hill to his preschool before we moved to Middleton. Private Progress Preschool, the MOST elite one in the city we were in at the time...lol AKA Miss Marie......lol I can still remember my 8th grade graduation like it were yesterday also. I cried my eyes out in St. Lazarus Church. I mean balled and sobbed like no tomorrow.....I had been with the same 18-20 kids from first grade and it was like a family at that school. I know for sure Stephen is not gonna shed a tear, that is just not his style lol lol ...and I also feel he is excited and glad to "move on"......On Friday morning at 8am we are off to Masconomet Jr. High to see him "bridge on" to HS> It like took me years to learn to spell the word lol now he is leaving....lol lol Well when Ry gets there the year after next I will be able to spell it...lol lol Masco for short....It is so much easier........Yippie for my graduate......then they STILL have to go to school on Monday for a half day....UGH....what the heck?
=======================FRIDAY NIGHT================= so here goes the events......funny how I love to be early for everything, I want to be there for 8:11 at the latest. I get Ry to school at 7:45 BUT they will not let the kids in the door until 8:05, I know that they know why about 4 parents are there early to drop off b/c all 4 of us have 8th graders and NEED to be in the parking lot and find seats. Well we then raced to the Jr High that is a good 4 -5 miles away and road work on the way to back us up more than regular. SO we get there and parking is tight but at this time you can still find a space. We get a good seat, I think in the middle and about 5 rows up, good to see from up than on the floor. The "bridge was like what you have in your garden, so sweet with flowers ect.....a little much with the singing and the band and a foreign lang. presentation. Several students spoke fluent in the lang. they took. Yeah as we know Stephen was not one of them lol lol to get the grade better than a D was like pulling teeth. LOL Many times they had to make the move your car calls b/c people, THE LATE ONES parked in illegal spots AND on the grass and islands. The landscapers will LOVE THAT! SO there were 375 students so think of how many people would be in attendance. The school next year has 400 for the entire school, @ 77 + per class.....HELLO
375 8th graders with such differnt clothing styles, hair and personalities. Since 3 towns go to Masco we know 33% of the class from grammer school and some that they have meet with over the two years there. Weird that we sat with almost the same people that we sat with 9 years ago at the Kindergarten Graduation....I tell you 8 years FLIES! like bye bye little kids, hello young adults to be...........I am so distraght that I no longer have little kids. I love that they are the great boys they have become to this point but so so so sad that I don't have little ones to "take care of" /////Stephens friend Kenny got a standing O b/c we did not think he would be up to attending since he has had his 3rd round of Chemo. He is a wonderful kid with so much energy and love for life and school too. He was diagnosed in Aug before school started w/Lukiemia and has only gone to school a handful of days. My sons homeroom teacher has been his tutor all year in her spare time...How awesome is she. She also got a big round of applouse. I had tears in my eyes to see Kenny walk and get his certificate being bald and weaker looking than the others. He looked great without hair some of them shaved off their hair to support him. God Bless that boy.
Tonight we were taken to a great resturant near by for Stephens moving on woth his grandparents, FIL & MIL took the family out to dinner. We were there from 6-9 and had a blast. I am so stuffed it is not even funny. 15 of us and the waiter was a hoot. He heard us talking and said I am from where u r from .....That is why I like u so much.....lol He loved the fact that I do my stacking thing...lol I have to organize the dishes after they are empty. OCD I know. It was a help to him b/c of the big crowd....That is my scoop fro mthe day. I am happy our son is now on his way to a place he so wants to be. I am still sad that I do not have the babies to take care of and should of had like 8 kids, but frugal Michael would NEVER of agreed to that one....lol My OCD goes so far that I only like even #'s////Yup it could not be 1,3, or 5 kids it had to be 2,4,6, or 8 kids...I know just when you think I am normal I drop that bomb on you ,..........lol lol lol

6 comments:

Drew said...

Congrats to the Graduates!!!!

Karen said...

Congratulations Stephen! HS will fly by too.. scary stuff, stephie!

Hit that Spanish teacher.. go ahead!!!!

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

oh my goodness....freshman year! yikes!!!!!!!!!! my first day of high school i feel on my butt in the hall in front of two seniors because the floor was wet and they were laughing hysterically at me..i pretended not to care but it killed and i was sooooooooo embarassed!!!!! i wish stephen a wonderful summer and a stress free first day :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Stephen! Enjoy all your years in high school; you'll reflect on them for MANY years after. :-)

Paige

Karen said...

Sounds like a great event! The dinner sounded like fun chaos!! I'm feeling the same as you right now, Steph, although I'm having a blast with my kids and I'm so proud of the men they are becoming, I miss those monkey legs around my waist and millions of hugs and kisses (although I still do get lots of hugs and kisses).. Well just think someday we'll have grandkids! Maybe even a grandaughter! :) Best of luck to Stephen, he sounds like a great kid..

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

stephie, don't worry, we never thought you were normal to begin with! lol.....hahaha....anyway, sounds like the graduation was very eventful! so sad about the boy that has cancer. at my sisters high school graduation there was a boy who had stomach cancer and he had been through chemo, etc and he got a standing O also. unfortunately he did pass away. so sad :( ~~~~here's to being the mom of a highschooler!!!!