Friday, May 26, 2006

"The Long Weekend"

The "long weekend" at the end of May always meant the start of some fun times and long nights to come. I never really got the TRUE meaning of getting the Monday off. In about 1990 I was awaken when a local cable news station had a tribute to the local soliders over seas on our first Gulf War. I recall tow names that were being honered fro their service and remembered my husband saying those family names at one time or another during our engagement. It really hit close to home to know boys close to our age had brothers that put their life on the line for our freedom. There never was a time that I was blind to this b/c I held my grandfather and uncle with high respect for serving in the Marines. It was just a hugh awakening to be able to relate on a peer level. SO as we fire up the bar bes and roast the dogs don't forget why we are free today b/c of the men and women who serve everyday. God Bless America and Watch over our Troops on American and Foreign soil............God Bless the USA

0 comments: