Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Chestnut Beauty up the hill......

Next to our house is a really really long driveway. It should be named a street b/c it is almost 1/2 mile long. Living on the land on the way top of the hill to the two homes in a beauty of a horse. The horse has not been out for a while since the rains and we wondered where it could be? I do not know if it is male or female. We are very friendly people but do not have any contact but a freindly wave from a passing car to our neighbors. I was once stopped by the "new" people who built one of the houses up that hill and was asked about my "pet turkeys" YUP MY PET turkeys//////NOT..........I explanied to the women in the hugh bright yellow Hummer that they are wild and since we built 5 years ago they have always been around. Some nights in the summer they come on the front stairs and take a flyin leap to the trees and sleep there at night. So that is about all I ever said to the Hum V driving neighbor. I know the horse is very well taken care of. It always has nice "clothes" on in the winter and has a shed looking thing half way up the hill. We walked up there once before the construction was complete on Thanksgiving a year ago with the family and have not been up since b/c private way is posted at the bottom. Our yard is used often by the two children who live up there when the school bus leaves them off. I guess it saves them 1/4 of mile to cut through than to make the long asphalt trip up. Now that the greenery is growing I think they would have to take the black trail. I know bugs are in abundance these days and ticks are an issue. I often get to type from the desk that over looks the area that the chestnut beauty is on. Looking from our slider I see how gentle it is and how sweet this animal could be. So as the breeze flows into the house and I stare at this stallion I cherish the sun and the breeze that only spring could bring.

6 comments:

Norma said...

You are just like my father, in that you like animals as long as you don't have to touch them or take care of them! : )

Growing up as we did, whoever would have thought we'd both have horses almost right in our own backyards? : )

Stephie Says..... said...

I know..."isn't is IRONIC" don't ya think!

melissa said...

Last year in Northfield, MA we saw wild turkeys daily, and your post reminded me of the wildlife we enjoyed, too! There were Llamas down the road, and snakes everywhere. (my boys, then 6 and 8 loved it)
I could do without the snakes...

Stephie Says..... said...

Wow ,,Melissa are you originally from the North?

melissa said...

me again-I'm from Long Guy Land originally!!!!
(thats Long Island spelled the way we say it :) NY

Stephie Says..... said...

M
I like that that is why your blog name is CAWFEE TALK I get it now......cawfee.......I love how yous guys tawk lol lol