Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Going to hear him sing, or just fake it.

Tonight is my oldest son Stephens 2nd music concert of the year. We had pleasure to hear his jr high class sing some really "nice" songs. Well lets start off with the parking situation. Masconomet Regional J/S High School is a 3 town situation and it is the hardest thing to park so we have a hell of a time with that. I am all for the "extra" learning and I think music helps with learning but don't MAKE these kids want to scream that they HAVE to sing and be on stage in front of a crowd. I know Stephen as shy as the sun on a hot July day so this is not the issue. It is that he has no interest what so ever but is being MADE to do this. Funny thing he goes on first which is good for us because we have to leave when h eis done to make space for the next groups parents to see their children "Sing". I was told by this very honest 13 year old of mine that lots of boys and girls alike "fake it" they lip sink and only a few really die hard singers carry them through the concert. He said he does do a lil bit of singing because he always comes home with an A+ fro the class. I just had the notion that ALL the students got A+ just for taking the class I guess I was incorrect. So off we got to the wild blue yonder flying high in the parking lot lol ....Yes that is one og the songs along with the "Sponge BOB Square Pants" song yes 7th grade? beats me.......Oh and the best is that on June 5th yet another concert to attend Yes we are so happy to report Ryan in the 4th grade ALSO gets to sing his heart out. Well I am positive he is a "faker" he as as shy as the shy is gray on a rainy day....Have a good night..........I still can not find those ear plugs from the Y..........

2 comments:

Drew said...

I used to fake it in Orchestra :-) So it wasn't just me!!

melissa said...

I also faked the flute when there were 3 or more of us playing together-hmmm the audience could prolly figure that one out- OH Well