Sunday, October 23, 2011

I never liked Applebee's not ever!

So today to get a bite to eat we stopped @ Applebees on the way north heading home b/c Ry and Michael saw a 2 for $20 commercial. So they got an appetizer and two meals for 20. I got get this I AM a cheep date LMAO! $3.49 salad. It was that b/c she made it an add on to an entree. It would of been like $5.59 but the waitress was very nice about that being apart of what Ry ordered. So one would think it was safe being a non meat eating person that a side salad is safe and has no animal products but nooooo. Not @ Applebee's.....there is like NOTHING on that menu for me to pick so I went with the safe bet of the SALAD...so I go to dig in AND there is BACON! ......she had stepped away when I was to dig the fork in and eat it so I said to the boys I can't eat this it has bacon....we wait about 7 mins to see her again and I nicely tell her the problem and she looks at me like I told her I cane from outer space. So she says let me see what I can do. WHAT!!!!!!!!!! OH OK .....now if you know me I DO NOT EVER get mad at people in any industry let alone the service industry. So she comes back and says they will make you another one with out the bacon I asked if that was ok. So I thanked her, smiled and waited for the next salad to come which made me think did they scrape the bacon off and just return what was first sent out? But when she walked away I said to my men ok so they were maybe contemplating not issuing me a non bacon salad and she had to get approval? LMAO! So yes I am a cheep date to a restaurant...water for all of us...the 2 for 20 meal and 3.49 plus tax and 20% tip....not a bad price for a meal that them 2 enjoyed. As for me I said to M "I TOLD YA SO" I suggested that we stop @ Costco for me to get the big container of spring mix for $5.49 and I would of had enough salad for 3 serivings but hey they wanted an entree and they got it. OH WELL...I so would of rather a shot of WH and a small shot of ginger from Sol Bean for the same price maybe even a little bit more $!~

2 comments:

Norma said...

You are probably right in that the kitchen scraped the bacon off a salad for you. Almost all Applebee's food is made off-site at factory kitchens and shipped to the restaurants fully prepared (the entrees, except for the burgers, I believe, are pre-cooked, frozen and then microwaved when ordered...yum!). So I'm assuming the salads are pre-made...not so fresh.

Stephie Says..... said...

yeah exactly why the title is I NEVER.....lol I guess they wanted the DEAL! lol