Saturday, January 15, 2011

MY YOUNGEST!



I guess you can say you can not compare your children. They are all so different but the same in a few ways. I have 2 very unique relationships with both my sons and I cherish them of so much. Up until a year ago I really think I looked at Ry as "the baby", had to protect him and coddle him. I must say I have come to realize just how much strength he has on his own. I give him so much credit now and no longer as much as I used to make him seem to be needy. He and I have grown together the past few years and I love just how much we have in common on views of various things. Stephen and I are very alike and Ry and I are not and now I see just how that helps with our time together. He is very much like his dad as S is a lot like me in some aspects. I look at him and still have the need to make sure he is babied but I would be doing him a disservice if I continue to not let him grow and fly on his own. My friend Lydia told me that years ago...she has 4 sons and did soooo much for the first two that they were so dependent she did them an injustice and would make sure she remedied that for the last two. I recall saying oh Italians just have the NEED in bedded in them to do all they can for their kids but I took her advice so I wouldn't have incompetent adults that I was to blame for making them that way. I love our separate times together as well as our being all together. I wouldn't change a thing and feel blessings daily to be the mom of both of my sons! : )

2 comments:

Paula H. said...

Love this one Stephanie (((hugs)))

Drew said...

Wow..bloggin again! Nice to see it!