Sunday, October 19, 2008

An ER kind of morn

At the Beverly ER bright and early this morn. I think we might be on a first name basis there..lol First Stephen back in the spring, Michael in the summer and now Ryan in the fall. Please don't say me in the winter..PLEASE! I have had enough hospital for a long time to come. Ryan woke us up to tell us his chest hurt. I got up and took him to the kitchen to see if he needed a whif of his preventol. It is not a steriod it is to prevent inflamation when he plays Lax or a running sport.Dr. Papacostas gave it to him 2 years ago when he started Lax to help with his breathing and said he does not have astma but exercise can induce inflamation. I figued it would help with his labored breathing. It so did not. We got so frightened b/c he started to tear up and say the pain is so bad in his chest. We were like firefighters in action. Clothes on as fast as could be. We woke Stephen to tell him. De ja vue from his fathers rush to the ER and off we flew back to Beverly ER. I guess once a season is not too bad. No just kidding. We never took them for anything. These kids never got sick their early childhood. Dr. P a;ways says that they never see him except for well visits. He was dizzy too so that worried us. I sat in the back of the truck to be with him. They took him so fast, they always take you right when u get there, the best ER around. We got the same room Stephen got and saw many of the same nurses too. He got a chest Xray b/c they said his lower right lobe of the lung sounded off. They called it something and said he has a virus that inflamed his lungs so he is on antinflamatory advil and LOTS of liquids. He is doing so much better since we left ER. No longer dizzy and still managed to do his homework. My poor lil Ry RY as we call him when we get all sweet with him. While Michael and I sat in the ER room with him we saw an EMT walk by that we thought was his cousin who we always see at the ER but when we looked closer it was not him. Mark the cousin in med school works as am EMT and funny he saw our nephew just this week at a differnt ER b/c Evan smashed his chin on the monkey bars and needed 3 stiches. I swear Mark must think the Rafts keep ERs going. lol There was no Grey nor a Dr. McDreamy but they are all so awesome there.

5 comments:

Amy said...

you <3 Beverly Hospital...lol...tell your family to take it easy! :o)

Dawn said...

Aww, poor Ry - I hope he'll be back to himself soon. That's so scary when they can't breathe. I hope he feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys.....
He is doing well the anti-inflamatory is working great

Kristin said...

I have been so out of the loop with my blogger gals. I am just reading this and am so sorry to hear of the scare with Ryan. I am very glad he is ok and feeling better. Er's are no fun but it is comforting to know you have an awesome one to go to if in need.
love u

Jennifer said...

o steph i had no idea...i have been out of the loop too as you can see.. I haven't blogged since the 13th. i am glad everything ended up being ok...ryan is so gifted to have a mom like you...we luv ..u so ni