Wednesday, April 30, 2008

June 11, 2008

I am counting the days. That day I will be enrolled in the NS Hospitals Heart and Wellness 12 week program.You go once a week and have nutrtion counseling, exercise program with health monitoring and group classes. It will be every Wednesday night from 4:30-7. I am a little put off by the time with Lax practice and golf team for the kids but I am making the commitment and will do something for me. Michael can do pick-ups maybe leave early from work, or get a ride for Ryan. I wanted the May class but it was booked so I will sit tight and wait. From now until then I am gonna make a concious effort to be better. I met with the nurse yesterday and she was a doll. I also met the Italian nutrionist, yeah she so got me.....I was so happy that she grew up with the Italian influece b/c she can get the "food" thing. I am sharing b/c I want to be held acountable to this. If it were something that I don't profess I can fall. Not a soul would know. I hate to fail so this may give me the ump I need to keep posting about and not slack off. So if you need me from 4-8 on Wednesday nights you'll know where I'll be. If you know me enough I get places 1/2 hour early b/c I am anal like that......Yesterday the secratary said your really early. I said with a laugh better than being late. lol She smiled. I met this 45 year old man Rick who was waiting that completed the program and is on maintenace and lost 39 lbs during his 12 weeks. Men always loose faster than women but he was a great help. He said when he went for his 1st visit a gal gave him some kind words and he was doing the same. He was so funny about how he had his "Last Supper". He said he had a free for all at the Continental Resturant and pigged out knowing that he was going to do this. He know looks back and says he has no need or desire to binge like that. Something clicked and got him on track. I have lost 80lbs once before back in 2002 but it slowly came back. Another attempt here we go.....liek the story of the tortous and the hare...slow and steady wins the race.........

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, that sounds like a great program! I know you will do great!! I'll be right there with you after the baby is born and I'll have a lot of weight to lose!!! Keep us posted on your progress, we'll be right there to cheer you on!! That was nice of the "graduate" to offer some kind advice. Good luck!

Stephie Says..... said...

Thanks Dawn..the best thing is HMO Bloe will cover it b/c it was Dr. recomened so that is a help to the wallet. That man Rick was such a great help. He is a bar tender so he really knew how to chat..lol He has a nack for chat. He said it is hard resisting the goodies at happy hour though. He eats one chicken wing and is satisfied. I laughed and said the one wing will fill my left side what about my right side..lol I feel like I ate too much today but I ate really heathy food and am really full and not craving anything. I ate at 445pm and have had nothing last night or tonight after dinner. Before dinner is my down fall.
I am sure after the baby u will have your hands full with 4 and tha twill be good for u to loose the baby weight. It is a struggle, life long....

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph,
I am here to support you 100%. If you need to vent out your frustrations as opposed to eat them (that is what I do sometimes)...I am hear to listen. We love you lots and want you around for a long time.
-V

Anonymous said...

xoxoxoxoxo to my V,,,,

PamelaAnne said...

you can do it!! there are so many people cheering you on and supporting you, you are such a lucky gal to be so loved. I know you will do great with this! keep us posted we make great cheerleaders!

Michelle said...

I am so proud of you Stephanie!!! I don't think I could even do this. It takes a lot of courage and you definitely have that.

We'll all be here with you through your 12 weeks and waaay after! <3

Stephie Says..... said...

Thanks so much. I have already started to eat better and exerc. atleast 4 times a week even if it is just for a short time. We will see. I really want to do it this time and succeed. XOXOXO