Friday, March 28, 2008

How high will it go?



I can recall about 11 years ago when making the drive to our new house in Middleton, (the first one) turing the corner to go to the new street, a landmark gasstaion had 97 cents a gallon for gas. It was a good price b/c some stations were nearing the dollar mark and we were like oh look under a dollar. WELL ......We all know ten years or so have passed AND!@@@@@ not that anymore. How high will the dam gas go?
I have this thing that the tank CAN NOT go under a half. Yeah OCD about it. I hate when I get in M's truck and he has like 22 miles left. His tells you how many miles you have with the gas you have left. I freak. He says we can go all these places and back with that amount...NOOOOOOO! I NEED the feeling of gas is in there. Well these days it makes zero scence to let the tank go down b/c HOW FREAKING much would it cost to fill it...LIKE $50.......some more depends on the tank. I am sooooo glad we got the sedan when we traded the minivan in back in '02. My Sonata gets awesome milage, but it is still a lot to pay b/c the dam gas is @$3.19 + in some places. This is nuts. In 1987 when I got my LI....yeah THAT LONG AGO. I remember the day....ahhh a fresh 16 yr old ready to drive 2 years before that...lol I had this driving instructor that had reconstructive face surgery and it was sooo hard to look ahead and not at the left part of his face. I know weird. It was like look , no don't eww is that a chunck of skin falling off? Really it was that bad. When he spoke the extra stuff giggied and stuff...Eww. SO I got the Malibu the next afternoon after goin to the insurance place to have me be put on. I remeber I had to fill it up b/c it was like at half and I COULD NOT even then drive with it that low...lol I think $3.00 FILLED it from half. Yeah you can not EVEN GET ONE GALLON for that these days....How the heck. SO this brings my rant to ........I WANT and have wanted for 3 years now a HYBRID.....BIL just got a Honda Civic 4 dr one it is awesome. Well with Stephen nearing 6'3" as it is he can kiss his knees when in a car...lol The civic would be sooo small and the prius even smaller. The mid size that I drive now int he hybrid choices are so expensive that it is just too much. When you own a car outrite for a while now...and so close to having the '06 truck paid off in a matter of mnths. how can you take a car pymnt, again . I can see M's thinking but as for WANTING to save gas and BE GREEN! I think my being green even out weighs the save cash on gas thing. I have even gone to using envormtly. safe cleaning products and we have been recylng. for atleast 15 years now. So I am somewhat helping but I WANT TO BE GREEN WITH MY HYBRID! I guess for now it is do what we do and suck it up and pay the dam gas prices. Yes I did type dam a number of times and am not one to be a potty mouth but it makes my GAS rise....lol Happy driving...and Stay put for a bit when u can...help conserve.....

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I'd love a hybrid too - but like you said, I've never had a car payment and don't want one so that's a problem!! My van costs $50 to fill!! Ugh. I remember when $20 was a standard tank for my Cutlass Supreme - we called it the Creamsicle because it was white with a tan/orangie top... those were the days!